Looking for a job is not an easy task, but knowing what to do and where to start will take you to the right path of finding your dream job. Whether you have just finished your education or are looking for a better job, the following steps will help you ace that dream job.
What you will need to do
1. Narrow and focus your job search – Narrowing your job search will ensure that you get job listings that are in line with your qualifications, dream career and the location you want. Use keywords to search for job on search engines. The keywords should be in line with your interests and the location. Focusing your job search will ensure that you get the relevant listings that you can review and the less relevant ones which you can just go through.
2. Develop an online brand – Use relevant social sites to create a professional brand. Sites such as linked in and Facebook are good sites to start with. Some of the social sites offer tools to help users create great profiles, make use of the tools and create a compelling profile that will sell you to potential employers, recruiters and contacts. Some employers use these sites to look for potential employees as its a cheaper and simpler method than having to advertise job openings.
3. Connect with the newly acquired contacts – After creating your profile, it’s time to connect with your contacts. You can never be sure of who will help in your quest of finding a new job or connect you with someone who will. Connect with all the people you know on the social sites and you might be pleasantly surprised. There are plenty of interesting information regarding this chapter placed on workontherigs.com website.
4. Take advantage of the readily available job search tools – There are various tools and gadgets that are available on social sites to help you improve your job search, make use of them to manage your job searching, this will save you time.
5. Make a list of organizations you would like to work for – Use the internet to look for information about the companies you would like to work for. Knowing what companies to target as you search for a job will help you learn about the company. Ensure you visit the websites of these companies, sometimes companies list job openings on their websites.
6. Target your resume and cover letter – When applying for a job, ensure to make a targeted application. Ensure that both the resume and application are specific to the requirements advertised. This will put you in a better position to get a job than a general application. The hiring personnel will see what you want to do, why they should hire you and the qualifications that sets you apart from the rest.
7. Prepare for the interview – After getting an invite for an interview, make sure you know as much as you can about the company. Research their website to see what they do, their business and any other important information. Dress the part, be confident and make sure you answer questions to your level best. Relax and take it easy, it’s just an interview and they want your services just as much as you want the job.
8. After the interview, make a follow up, thank all involved and remind them why you are the best candidate.
9. If you get the offer, accept or decline depending on what you were looking for. Good luck.